Miquel has immeasurable experience as a legal practitioner. His career got under way more than forty years ago in the different facets of business law, particularly administrative law, urban zoning law, and direct and indirect public procurement processes through the then recent quasi•public companies. Thanks to his experience with government bodies, he became directly involved in a number of hugely important negotiations and operations geared towards Spain’s future development (project finance and mergers and acquisitions in different sectors). This afforded him first•hand experience of Spain and Europe’s ongoing economic development, above all in the regulated sectors of the economy, from which he would become familiar with the latest approaches to contracting and procurement in the fields of commercial and corporate law. His impressive track record means his name carries considerable weight in arbitration and mediation proceedings. Miquel was regional government delegate for Barcelona and chairman of the parliamentary group of Catalonia at the Spanish Congress of Deputies. He sat on the committee that drafted the Spanish Constitution of 1978, and also formed part of the committee that prepared the Statute of Autonomy of Catalonia. From 1982 to 1995, Miquel was chairman of the group representing the Generalitat de Catalunya (Catalan autonomous government) on the Bilateral Cooperation Committee with the central government of Spain.
Tel.: +34 93 240 28 41
Fax.: +34 93 241 86 66
• Degree in law, Universitat de Barcelona, 1961.
Catalan, Spanish, French and English.
• Barcelona Bar Association.
• Madrid Bar Association.
• Bar Association of the Balearic Islands.
• Girona Bar Association.
• Figueres Bar Association.
• Chairman of Societat Econòmica Barcelonesa d’Amics del País.
• Chairman of the Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya.
• Honorary chairman of the Alumni Association of Universitat de Barcelona.
• Lifetime trustee of Fundación Gala•Salvador Dalí.
• Member of the advisory committee of Foment del Treball.
• Visiting lecturer of constitutional law, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.