Álvaro Gasull Tort
Álvaro holds substantial experience in corporate restructuring and insolvency. Because of his training in M&A and private equity, he is well equipped to manage corporate restructuring processes and to advise on the steps to be taken in the face of crisis and insolvency situations. Álvaro also appears regularly as an Insolvency Administrator appointed by the commercial courts.
- Barcelona Bar Association.
- Union Internationale des Avocats (UIA).
- Law Degree. Universitat de Barcelona, 1991.
- Accounting and Financial Analysis Course. Barcelona Bar Association. FIDE Group on Business Training, 1998.
- Course on the new Civil Procedure Act. Barcelona Bar Association, 2000.
- Course on Insolvency Law, ESADE Law Faculty 2003 – 2004.
- Course on prevention and solution of conflicts in the corporate area. ESADE Law Faculty, Barcelona, 2005.
- Specialist course on Insolvency Administration taught by Mr. José Mª Fernández Seijó, senior judge. Open University of Catalonia, Barcelona, 2007 – 2009.
- Associate lecturer in the Master in Business Law, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona.
- Speaker at the Commercial Law and Insolvency Law practical courses, Universitat de Barcelona.
- Seminar on Insolvency Scenarios, RJ February- April 2004.
- Talk Recognition and classing of secured credits, RJ 22 April 2005.
- Talk The Insolvency Law Reform: scenarios and liabilities, RJ 13 June 2006.
- Talk Acquisition of distressed businesses: opportunities arising from the new insolvency legal framework, CIDEM, 16 January 2007.
- Seminar on The Insolvency Process, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, March 2007.
- Talk The liability of administrators under the Insolvency Act, RJ 9 April 2008.
- Álvaro is a regular speaker at conferences and seminars on a wide range of matters related to Insolvency Law, corporate restructuring, acquisition of assets in situations of insolvency, and the liability of insolvency administrators.
- May the Directors of a Company be Declared Personally Liable for the Company's Debts, According to Spanish Law? , Terralex Connections , 20/12/2012