Jaime Espejo Valdelomar
Specialised in M&A and Corporate Law, Jaime holds extensive experience in M&A, MBOs/MBIs, LBOs/LBIs, start-ups, corporate restructuring, joint ventures and commercial contracting in a wide range of industries. He has advised corporate clients and private equity houses, both domestic and international. He acts as Secretary and as Legal Counsel for several companies. He has a thorough knowledge of commercial contracts across a wide array of industries. Prior to joining Roca Junyent in 2009, Jaime was a partner with Estudio Legal-Abogados and Landwell / PricewaterhouseCoopers. Leading Partner of Roca Junyent's Asian Desk at the Madrid office, advising Chinese companies and entrepreneurs wishing to invest in Spain and those already operating in this country.
Spanish and English.
- Law Degree. Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (I.C.A.D.E.) Madrid, 1985.
- Master in Foreign Trade. Instituto de Empresa. Madrid, 1985-1986.
- Diploma in Corporate Tax Advice. Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (I.C.A.D.E.) Madrid, 1986-1987.
- Lecturer in International Contracting, as part of I.C.A.D.E's Masters in Financial Economics (Madrid), 1990 – 2000.
- Lecturer in M&A, as part of the Masters in Legal Practice (Private Law) taught at the Instituto de Estudios Superiores, Fundación Universitaria San Pablo - CEU. (Madrid), 1998-2000.
- Lecturer in Corporate Law and M&A, as part of the Masters in Legal Practice taught at the San Pablo- CEU Business School (Madrid), 2000-2006.
- Lecturer in the Management Programme (M&A), as part of the EOI-Business School's Executive MBA (Madrid), 2005-2010.
- Lecturer in M&A, as part of the Executive Masters in International Business Law. San Pablo – CEU's Business School (Madrid), 2009-2010.
- Lecturer in Corporate Law, as part of the Master in International Business Law. Member of the Advisory Board. San Pablo – CEU's Business School (Madrid), 2006-2011.
- Regular speaker in M&A courses and seminars.
- Recommended by Legal 500, 2010 edition, in the area of Corporate/M&A.
- Annual updating of the Memento Práctico Francis Lefebvre (Companies). Chapter 17. Transformation. Merger. Spin-off, 2002-2004.
- Factbook. The Liability of directors and managers. Editorial Aranzadi. Chapter 5. The liability of company directors in restructuring procedures, 2003.
- Jaime authored the chapter Starting a business (corporate law) – Spain for the World Bank Global Pro Bono Project Doing Business 2008, 2008.