Josep A. Herrero Nicolás
Josep specialises in delivering advice to companies wishing to establish themselves in emerging markets. Leading Partner of Roca Junyent's Asian Desk.
Spanish, Catalan, English, French and Italian.
- Barcelona Bar Association.
- Registered foreign lawyer at the Shanghai Bar Association.
- Law Degree, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 1993.
- Doctoral courses, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
- He received a pass cum laude for his PhD thesis La renuncia a la prescripción ganada: ext. Arts. 1.935 y 1.937 del Código Civil (Waiver of gained prescription under articles 1935 and 1937 of the Civil Code).
- Member of the Advisory Council of the Committee of Experts on International Business (CENI).
- Guest lecturer at ESADE’s Mater in International Business Law.
- Coordinator-tutor for prisoners studying Law at Can Brians (Barcelona) Prison.
- Associate lecturer at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Department of Private Law, Civil Law Section.
- Research fellow at the Spanish Ministry of Education.
- Josep assists candidates in the application process for a MEC doctoral studies grant at the Autonomous University of Barcelona, Department of Private Law, Civil Law Section.
- Research fellow at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona's Civil Law Department under the tutorship of Dr. Francisco de Paula Blasco Gascó.
- Recommended by Chambers Global, 2012 and 2013 editions, in the areas of Corporate and M&A.
- He is author of scholarly papers and articles on Spanish Civil Law and on the Chinese legal system.