Xavier Foz Giralt
Xavier holds extensive experience assisting Spanish and multinational clients in banking and finance, capital markets, debt issues, OTC derivatives, M&A, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital, corporate restructuring, commercial agreements and Company Law. Before joining the Firm he worked as a senior lawyer at the corporate law department with Uría Menéndez (2000-2005).
Spanish, Catalan, English and French.
- Barcelona Bar Association, 2000.
EMEA Vicepresident of the Terralex Finance and Banking Practice Group.
- Law Degree, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, 2000.
- Master in Corporate Finance & Law, ESADE, Barcelona, 2008.
Prizes and Awards
- Assistant Lecturer of Corporate Law at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra, since 2005.
- Lecturer of the Ll. M. in Professional Legal Practice at the IDEC-UPF.
- Lecturer in the course on contracts for internationally expanding businesses at the Barcelona Bar Association, 2010.
- Lecturer of the Academy for Private Investors, EADA-Keiretsu, 2010.
Best Lawyers 2014, Banking and Finance
Chambers Europe 2012 , Private Equity
- The ICC’s New Uniform Rules for Demand Guarantees, Terralex Newsletter (Connections), March 2012.
- Legal aspects of the admission to trading on MAB (Spanish Alternative Stock Exchange). Iuris, December 2010.
- Bank deposit guarantee shceme in Spain. IBA Banking Law Newsletter, September 2010.
- Enforcement of security interests in banking transactions in Spain. IBA Banking Law Newsletter, May 2010.
- Joint-venture transactions in bancassurance: contractual solutions, 2009. Anuario Mercantil para abogados los casos más relevantes en 2008 de los grandes despachos (The key cases handled by the big firms in 2008). Madrid: La Ley, 2009.
- M-Payments multijurisdictional survey: Spain. IBA Banking Law Newsletter, May 2009.
- Derecho y Finanzas (Law and Finance). Expansión, Ovtober 2007.
- Modificaciones a la Ley de Sociedades Anónimas (Amendments to the Public Limited Liability Companies Act). Derecho & Sociedad (Law & Society), January 2006.
- The Alternative Fixed Income Market (MARF): A Real Alternative to Bank Financing in Spain, TerraLex, 26/12/2013
- Legal Aspects Concerning Admission to the Alternative Stock Exchange Market, Iuris magazine, December 2010