Joan Roca, Executive Chair of the firm, currently juggles his work as company director with providing advice on contracts and procurement, particularly in relation to mergers and acquisitions, representing public and regulated companies and both Spanish and foreign financial institutions. He has a wealth of experience in regulated sectors of the economy, and is secretary to the Boards of Directors of numerous companies operating in regulated sectors, as well as insurance firms and financial entities. Apart from his track record as a lawyer, he has always maintained close ties with the teaching world. He remains actively involved with associations and civil society, and has published numerous articles, while collaborating with various specialist journals and magazines on economic affairs and law.
Tel.: +34 93 241 86 69
Fax.: +34 93 414 50 30
Catalan, Spanish, French and English.
• Barcelona Bar Association.
• Chairman of the Scholarship Association of “la Caixa”, 2012•2016.
• Joint chairman of TERRALEX Government and Regulatory.
• Joint chairman of the Academic and Professional Development Committee, International Bar Association.
• Member of the Legal Committee of Foment del Treball.
• Trustee of Fundació Catalana Síndrome de Down (Catalan Down Syndrome Foundation).
• Degree in law, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 1992.
• Master in law, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 1994.
• Master of Laws, Yale Law School, 1994.
• Executive Education MBA, Harvard Law School, 2009.
• Executive Education General Manager, Instituto de Empresa, 2013.
• Lecturer of regulated sectors and management of professional services and joint practices, as part of the Entry to the Legal Profession master’s degree, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
• Lecturer of corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions, Entry to the Legal Profession master’s degree, ESADE Business School.