In particular, the Arbitration team deals with the following matters :
Litigation - Arbitration
The Arbitration Practice is made of a team of partners (often appointed as arbitrators), including associates and other fee earners.
It advises on all aspects related to and throughout all the stages of arbitration proceedings.
Specifically, the Arbitration Practice advises on:
- The expediency of referring a contract or transaction to arbitration.
- Design of the arbitration procedure, advising on the most suitable institution orad hoc arbitration
- Drawing up of arbitration agreements included in contracts. Scope and implications of each agreement in every particular case.
- We appear as counsel in all types of arbitration proceedings: domestic, international, ad hoc or institutional (and in this latter case, before any court of arbitration).
- Definition of the arbitration procedure in the so•called “terms of reference”.
- Defence on the merits.
- We can be appointed as sole arbitrators or as members of a panel in all kinds of arbitration proceedings.
Civil & Commercial Litigation
The Civil & Commercial Litigation Practice advises on all matters related to private law. In addition, it is regularly involved in civil and commercial litigation conducted in all jurisdictions and at all court levels including arbitration panels.
Specifically, the Civil & Commercial Litigation Practice covers in the following core areas:
- Contractual and Tort Liability.
- Law of Damages.
- Product Liability.
- Professional Liability.
- Patrimonial Liability.
- Works and Construction Contracts.
- Corporate Litigation.
- Judicial Review of Corporate Resolutions.
- Actions for Liability against Company Directors.
- Actions for Unfair Competition and Advertising.
- Agency, Distribution, Concession and Franchise Agreements.
- Bills of Exchange, Cheques and Promissory Notes.
- Urban and Rustic Leases.
- Horizontal Property.
- Landlord & Tenant.
- Litigation related to the Efficacy, Enforcement and Interpretation of Contracts.
- Litigation related to the Termination and Rescission of contracts.
- Financial Disputes.
- Consumers’ Law.
- Fundamental Rights.
- Protection against Defamation; Privacy and Image Rights.
- Wills & Probate.
- Separation, divorce and nullity.
- Marriage Articles.
- Filiation and Paternity.
- Ownership Rights.
- In rem and personal guarantees.
- Execution of provisional and final court rulings.