In particular, the Air navigation team deals with the following matters :
Led from the Corporate Law Practice but also actively involved in other practice areas, including Administrative Law and Competition, the Air Navigation team advises on virtually the whole range of issues related to Air Law.
The team has advised on the purchase and setting up of airline companies, the negotiation and subsequent drafting of aircraft and engines lease agreements, and the negotiation and writing of commercial agreements involving a variety of players in the aviation industry,(e.g. partnership agreements or services contracts related to airlines, travel agencies and technology providers).
The work of the Air Navigation practice covers, in particular, the following core areas:
- Acquisition, sale, restructuring and setting up of airline companies.
- Airlines financing.
- Financial and operational leasing of aircraft and engines.
- Guarantees related to aircraft.
- Air Law regulatory issues.
- Drawing up of general terms and conditions of carriage.
- Air carriers partnership agreements.
- Agreements involving air carriers, travel agencies and technology providers (e.g. online bookings operators).
- Advice on corporate and commercial issues related to the day•to•day operation of airlines.
- Applications for administrative licenses and approvals, monitoring subsequent progress.
- Handling and monitoring the process leading up to the registration of aircraft and engines rights on the Spanish Aircraft Register and the Register of Movable Property.