Luis Enrique has amassed considerable experience as a practising lawyer and researcher, a career that started out 53 years ago in the various areas of employment relations: employment law, Social Security law, trade union law, law on occupational risk prevention, employment litigation, international social law and European law. He has appeared before the employment courts on countless occasions and regularly lectures in law. He has also been university dean and chancellor, and twelve senior lecturers turn to him for advice and guidance on teaching matters.
Spanish and French.
• Madrid Bar Association.
• Founder and member of Academia Iberoamericana de Derecho del Trabajo y Seguridad Social (Latin American Academy of Employment Law and Social Security).
• Honorary member of Asociación Asturiana de Asesores y Expertos Laborales (Association of Employment Advisors and Experts of Asturias).
• Honorary chairman of Asociación Española de Derecho del Trabajo y Seguridad Social (Spanish Association of Employment and Social Security Law).
• Member of the Science Committee and correspondent at Université de Bordeaux.
• Honorary member of Asociación Colombiana de Seguridad Social (Colombian Social Security Association).
• Founder and member of Academia Europea de Derecho del Trabajo y de Seguridad Social (European Academy of Employment and Social Security Law).
• Trustee of Fundación Derecho y Discapacidad (ONCE charity).
• Trustee of Fundación Sagardoy.
• Employment consultant, Escuela Social de Madrid, 1960.
• Doctor in political, economic and commercial sciences (special award), Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 1963.
• Doctor of law (special award), Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 1969.
• Honorary employment consultant, Colegio de Graduados Sociales de Alicante, 2001.
• Emeritus senior lecturer in employment and social security law at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.